Revista Dobras, the Brasil’s most important academic journal dedicated to the history of fashion, is planning a special issue on fashion in Latin America for spring 2018. Contributions (articles, reviews and interviews) in Portuguese, English, French or Italian are sought until 15 October 2017.
Possible topic include:
– Fashion as heritage in latin America: collections, museums, exhibitions of regional or artistic costumes…
– Identity and representation in Latin America fashion: identity, exoticism, colonialism, neocolonialism in fashion
– Latin America in national and international media: the representation of Latin American fashion culture in magazines, newspapers, websites, blogs, TV series and films.
– Fashion education in Latin America
– The fashion worker in Latin America: the population’s participation in the clothing industry for multinational companies.
– Fashion and politics: relations between fashion and power, between industries and consumers.
– Fashion as a profession in latin America
– Popular fashion, artists’ designs and luxury
– Fashion as craft in Latin America