Tag Archives: Conservation

Girona: 14th Image and Research International Conference

Image & Research
14th Image & Research International Conference

Centre for Image Research & Diffusion (CDRI) Girona City Council, and Partners

Girona, 16-18 November 2016

Programme

Organised by:
The Centre for Image Research and Diffusion (CRDI) of the Girona City Council and the Association of Archivists of Catalonia, with the support of the Department of Culture of the Generalitat of Catalonia – Sub-Directorate General of Archives, and the Spanish Ministry of Culture – Sub Directorate-General of State Archives, the promotion of the International Council on Archives (CIA/ICA) and the collaboration of Digital Meets Culture, Michael Culture Association, Photographic Studies Institute of Catalonia (IEFC), Sindicat de la Imatge UPIFC and ANABAD.

Zaragoza’s Retablo of St. Peter (Cincinnati)

2015-12-zaragoza_serena_web_1445616659

Conservation on View: Zaragoza’s Retablo of St. Peter
Cincinnati Art Museum
26 January 26 – 24 April 2016

A Spanish altarpiece of c.1400 by Lorenzo Zaragoza, an Aragonese artist active in fourteenth-century Valencia and Barcelona, will receive conservation treatment, by Serena Urry, in public view.  The accompanying press release is available as a PDF file by clicking here.

Rubens, Madrid and Los Angeles

Triumph-of-the-Eucharist-over-Idolatry-Peter-Paul-Rubens-1625-6-oil-on-panel_-Museo-Nacional-del-Prado-Madrid1Rubens: The Triumph of the Eucharist, 25 March – 29 June 2014, Prado; and travelling to the Getty, Los Angeles in 14 October 2014 – 4 January 2015.
Display of six recently conserved panel paintings which Rubens painted as modelli for The Triumph of the Eucharist part of the series of 20 tapestries commissioned by Philip III’s sister the Infanta Clara Eugenia in 1625 to decorate the convent of Las Descalzas Reales in Madrid, to which the Infanta intended to retire. Four of the tapestries will also form part of the exhibition to illustrate the artistic process from Rubens’ initial painted designs to the finished tapestries woven in 1628 by the Geubels’ family workshop. Other tapestries from the series will remain on display in the convent, which is also open to the public as part of the Patrimonio Nacional.