International Film Conference (IV TECMERIN Academic Meeting): Digital Imaginaries of the South: Stories of Belonging and Uprooting in Hispanic Cinemas, October 18-20, 2017, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid / Casa de América (Madrid)
- The representation of migrations, displacements, exile, and diaspora.
- Transnational flows of cultural, economic, and human capital in the production and circulation of cinema.
- The reconfiguration of the regional, national, and transnational Hispanic interactions within the new century.
- Public discourses and film policies within the region.
- Hybridization and identity in the narratives on colonization, decolonization, and revolutionary processes.
- Activism and digital praxis.
- Genres, authors, stars.
- Film cultures and cinephilia: festivals, publications, and digital platforms.
- Minor cinemas: indigenismo, experimental, and/or militant cinemas.
- Historiographic, theoretical, and methodological problems of so-called Hispanic, Iberian, and Latin American cinemas.
American Society for Hispanic Art Historical Studies
Call for Papers, CAA, 2017
Pending the official call papers, 2017, from CAA, ASHAHS will then support the proposal that best advances our programming and complements the outstanding sessions of recent years.
This call invites proposals related to all periods in Iberian and Ibero-American art history and particularly welcomes those topics fostering cross-cultural and interdisciplinary connections. Prospective session Chairs may wish to consult last year’s CAA guidelines before submitting a session proposal abstract and CV to me no later than Monday, September 7, 2015. Please keep in mind the CAA restriction on submissions from individuals who have chaired sessions in the previous two years.
As always, while we evaluate proposals from prospective chairs on their scholarly strengths, all other factors being equal, priority will be given to current ASHAHS members who have paid dues for this calendar year.
We look forward to reading your submissions and in the meantime, please send any questions to Kelly Watt email@example.com